On Friday, February 26th, we celebrated our first birthday at the 519 Community Centre and we’re thankful to have had over 40 people join us to party. Thank you!
We also took the occasion to kick off a speaker series called Enables Me Live! bringing the question, “What enables individuals with accessibility needs?” to a live audience. This is an opportunity for us to listen and converse about the experiences, stories and news on how art, fashion, people, technology, travel, and work are enabling individuals with accessibility needs; and a way to share the many perspectives and new insight.
We had four awesome speakers at our launch event:
- Torrance Ho is co-founder, editor and writer of Enables Me and power hockey athlete with the Toronto Power Wheelchair Hockey League (TPWHL)
- Pooja Viswanathan is co-founder and CEO of Braze Mobility
- Donald Barrie is a published writer, blogger and editor of Enables Me
- Mauricio Meza is co-founder and CEO of Komodo OpenLab
The questions and comments ranged from:
- sources of funding for start-ups
- suggestions for researchers
- how do we bring accessiblity awareness to young people
- the need for a petition on access to funding
- bringing Justin Trudeau and the government to the table
- keeping the event consistent and informal
- attracting participants beyond the accessibility community
- Ideation event on assistive technology will take place in April co-hosted by Braze Mobility and Enables Me
Stay tuned for the speaker videos! If you attended the event, we would love to hear from you. Please complete the survey below, it will only take 5 minutes.
Create your own user feedback survey
Be the first to comment