- Sit tall at the edge of a chair, (hold on to the back of the chair for support) extend the left leg to the left side so it is straight and the foot remains fully on the floor. Raise the right arm straight toward the ceiling, keeping the bicep near the ear.
- Pull up through the right fingertips while keeping the left leg extended.
- Breathe in, hold breath for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Exhale, lower arm & bring in leg.
- Repeat on the other side.
You should feel this stretch in the inner thigh as well as the sides of the upper body. This exercise can also strengthen hip muscles, shoulders and abdominals.